This is the Windows app named Msc-generator whose latest release can be downloaded as Msc-generator-v7.0.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Msc-generator with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
A tool to draw various charts from textual descriptions. Currently, three types of charts are supported: Message Sequence Charts, generic Graphs, and Block Diagrams, with more to be added in the future. There is a command-line version for Linux and Mac (replacing mscgen), which now sports a GUI, as well.
Msc-generator allows fine control over the appearance and has a rich feature set complete with detailed documentation. On Windows, you can embed the charts in a document or presentation and simply double-click it in Office to edit them. On Linux and the Mac, a command-line version is available, and a GUI, as well.
See the Wiki for detailed user and code documentation.
Gábor Németh has volunteered to maintain a debian package for Ubuntu. See install instructions on the Wiki.
- Integrated with Office on Windows - double click an embedded chart to edit.
- Linux and Mac GUI to work with charts easily. (NEW in 7.0)
- Built-in editor with color syntax highlighting, smart-ident, auto-suggest and auto-complete.
- Ubuntu package, use apt to install, GUI included.
- Signalling charts: A rich syntax to describe arrows, boxes, comments and more.
- Graphviz: Full support for graphs via the DOT language. Collapse/expand subgraphs, use styles and many other extensions.
- Block Diagrams: Automatic layout and arrow routing
- Doxygen, Sphinx, Msctexen integration via full compatibility with mscgen.
- Full international support with UTF-8 and Windows Unicode files.
- Export in PNG, PDF, SVG, EMF and EPS formats.
- Embed chart text in PNG pictures.
Telecommunications Industry, Architects
Win32 (MS Windows), Command-line, GTK+
C++, Yacc, Flex
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/msc-generator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.