This is the Windows app named My Basic Facts Quiz whose latest release can be downloaded as mybasicfacts2.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named My Basic Facts Quiz with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
My Basic Facts Quiz
My Basic Facts Quiz is software written by two school students for primary (elementary) school students to practise maths basic facts questions on. The software asks the user what numbers the questions should include and how many questions to attempt at a time; then randomly generates quizzes full of questions with those parameters. The software gives the student feedback once they have completed the quiz they are given, including the percentage correct.
Students can also choose a type or types of questions to do - useful for them to work on their weak spots at home. A teacher interface is included that will display a link on the screen ready to be copied and pasted where it needs to go to get to the students - or just displayed on an interactive whiteboard.
The project incorporates an animated cat from the project clippy-js. The cat gives the student positive feedback if they get 90% or more correct - including purring and parading proudly.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mybasicfactsquiz/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.