This is the Windows app named NATTYA whose latest release can be downloaded as NATTYA.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NATTYA with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This Python and Tkinter application uses the features of UDEV to automatically identify USB to RS-232 type connections.
Connected devices are shown in /dev/serial/by-id as a link to the virtual port. This is used for automatic connection.
User settings such as baud rate and line endings associated with the unique ID are stored in a configuration file for future connections.
Transmit data may be entered as ASCII or hex by using '#' as an entry mode escape character. Entering '#' will toggle mode from ASCII to hex and vice versa. Enter '#' character by entering '##'.
White space characters such as line feed can be entered by using '\' as an escape character. For example '\r' for carriage return. White space characters are ignored in hex mode. Enter '\' by typing '\\'.
- Written in Python with Tkinter GUI
- Automatic identification of virtual ports
- Easy entry of hex data by using entry mode switching
- Uses tkinter as thread and callback manager
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/nattya/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.