This is the Windows app named NumericalChameleon whose latest release can be downloaded as nc-3.0.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named NumericalChameleon with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The NumericalChameleon is a free, open source, cross platform software in order to convert units. It converts numbers with a precision of up to 1000 significant figures. It supports more than 6000 units in 94 categories. It has been localized in 10 languages.
- 6000+ units in 94 categories
- highest calculation precision (1000 significant figures)
- highly customizable
- cross platform (GNU/Linux, macOS, Windows)
- many useful features:
- exchange rates, time zones, number in words and clock in words (literally and by audio), roman numerals
- geographic coordinates, radixes, fractions, checksums, bits&bytes
- screen resolutions, colorcodes, unicodes, international dial codes
- calendar and holiday calculations
- random numbers
- and many more
Non-Profit Organizations, Aerospace, Information Technology, Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop
Java Swing, Gnome, Win32 (MS Windows), KDE, Cocoa (MacOS X), Command-line
Other API, Flat-file
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/numchameleon/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.