This is the Windows app named odt2braille whose latest release can be downloaded as odt2braille-0.1.1-p1-OO4.0-SNAPSHOT-windows_x86.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named odt2braille with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
odt2braille is a Braille extension to OpenOffice.org Writer. odt2braille enables authors to print documents to a Braille embosser and to export documents as Braille files. The Braille output is well-formatted and highly customizable.
- Translate OpenOffice.org Writer documents in various languages to Braille.
- Supported languages are: Arabic, Bulgarian, Tibetan, Welsh, Czech, Danish, Esperanto, Spanish, Estonian, Finnish, Irish, Scottish Gaelic, Modern Hebrew, Hindi, Croatian, Hungarian, Armenian, Icelandic, Italian, Lithuanian, Latvian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovene, Swedish, Turkish, Vietnamese, German, Greek, Koine Greek, English, French, Dutch, Chinese and a lot of Indian languages (Assamese, Bengali, Khasi, Manipuri, Munda, Old Newari, Santali, Awadhi, Bihari, Braj Bashha, Gondi, Konkani, Kurukh, Marathi, Marwari, Nepali, Pali, Sanskrit, Sindhi, Gujarati, Panjabi, Kannada, Malayalam, Oriya, Dravidian, Tamil, Telugu)
- Contracted or uncontracted Braille.
- Support for multi-language documents.
- Support for 8-dot Braille
- Export the Braille document to a computer file (.brf, .bra or .pef) or emboss the document on a variety of Braille printers.
- Supported printers are: the Interpoint 55 from Interpoint NV, the Everest V2, Basic V2, Everest V3, Basic-D V3 and Basic "Blue Bar" from Index Braille, and the Braillo 200, 400S and 400SR from Braillo Norway AS.
- The Braille-output is highly configurable through user preferences.
- Adjust the Braille layout of most common document units: paragraphs, headings, lists, tables, table of contents, list of special symbols.
- Other units are processed as well, but are not configurable: textboxes, captions, images (descriptions), footnotes, endnoted, bibliographies, ...
- Determine how pages are numbered.
- Translate formula's into Braille math (Nemeth, UK maths, Marburg or Woluwe math).
- Automatic generation of some preliminary pages: a title page, a list of special symbols, a transcriber's notes page and a table of contents.
- Split Braille documents into multiple volumes.
- Transcribe according to formal Braille rules (BANA, ...).
- Save Braille settings.
- Insert Braille characters directly with the 6 key entry mode (keys S, D, F, J, K and L).
- Users are notified in time of structure problems that could lead to unwanted artifacts in the Braille output.
- Hyphenation dictionaries for automatic breaking of words (supported languages are: German, Dutch, US-English, UK-English, Spanish, French, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Irish, Hungarian, Croatian, Czech and Icelandic)
- Preview the Braille output before embossing.
- Localised in 12 languages: English, Dutch, French, Catalan, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Slovenian, German, Swedish and Norwegian (Bokmål)
Advanced End Users, Developers, Education, End Users/Desktop
C, Java, XSL (XSLT/XPath/XSL-FO)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/odt2braille/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.