This is the Windows app named office2textile whose latest release can be downloaded as office2textile-0.97.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named office2textile with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This project provides VBA add-ins which convert Microsoft Office contents to various text formats.
Currently the following two VBA add-ins are ready.
* xls2textile: Excel to Textile, HTML, AsciiDoc, GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM), and CSV.
* ppt2textile: PowerPoint to to Textile, AsciiDoc, and GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM).
2021/02/06: Version 0.97 is released. Fix "general horizontal alignment" which was broken on 0.96.
2020/07/11: Version 0.96 is released. Fix for MacOS. fix for "General" horizontal alignment not to modify the Excel file.
2020/05/16: Version 0.95 is released. AsciiDoc, GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM), and CSV output is supported.
2019/12/29: Version 0.94 is released. It fixed an issue throwing an exception when used with Skype.
- Generates textile, AsciiDoc, and GitHub Flavored Markdown (GFM) text and puts it into the clipboard. You just paste it into your text editing window.
- xls2textile supports various Excel feature, font attributes, merged cells, alignment, hidden cells, etc.
- xls2textile also supports HTML and CSV/TSV output
- ppt2textile supports font attributes and ordered/unordered lists
- See the Wiki page for more details.
Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/office2textile/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.