This is the Windows app named Oolite whose latest release can be downloaded as Oolite-1.90_x64-Deployment-to-Test-Release.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Oolite with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Oolite is a free and open source space trading and combat simulation game where you are the pilot of a spacecraft capable of interstellar travel. Inspired by the classic 8-bit game Elite, it features many similar aspects of gameplay. You can travel to different planetary systems, encounter challenges and embark on missions in a quest for wealth and glory.
Oolite runs on Mac OS X (10.6 or later), Windows (XP or later), and Linux, and does not require the latest hardware except for certain expansion packs. Powered by Objective-C and OpenGL, it is designed as a small game that users can easily pick up, modify and expand.
- First-person, single-player space trading and combat simulation
- Earn money by trading goods, collecting bounty on pirates, or become a pirate yourself!
- Built-in missions and weapons, including missiles and lasers
- Dogfight style combat with ships
- Game customization using simple free text and graphics tools
- Over 500 expansion packs, ranging from minor tweaks to new, giant missions
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/oolite.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.