This is the Windows app named Open Asset Import Library whose latest release can be downloaded as The5.1.3Bugfixrelease.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Open Asset Import Library with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Open Asset Import Library
The Open Asset Import Library (short name: Assimp) is a portable Open-Source library to import various well-known 3D model formats in a uniform manner. The most recent version also knows how to export 3d files and is therefore suitable as a general-purpose 3D model converter. See the feature-list. open3mod is a Windows-based model viewer. It loads all file formats that Assimp supports and is perfectly suited to quickly inspect 3d assets. Assimp aims to provide a full asset conversion pipeline for use in game engines / realtime rendering systems of any kind, but it is not limited to this purpose. In the past, it has been used in a wide range of applications. Written in C++, it is available under a liberal BSD license. There is a C API as well as bindings to various other languages, including C#, Python and D. Assimp loads all input model formats into one straightforward data structure for further processing.
- APIs are provided for C and C++
- There are various bindings to other languages (C#, Java, Python, Delphi, D)
- Assimp also runs on Android and iOS
- assimp features various mesh post processing tools
- Normals and tangent space generation, triangulation, vertex cache locality optimization
- Removal of degenerate primitives and duplicate vertices, sorting by primitive type, merging of redundant materials and many more
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/open-asset-import-lib.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.