This is the Windows app named Open Visual Traceroute whose latest release can be downloaded as OpenVisualTraceRoute1.7.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Open Visual Traceroute with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Open Visual Traceroute
DESCRIPTIONOpen source cross-platform (Windows/Linux/Mac) Java Visual Traceroute, packet sniffer and Whois. Data is displayed in a 3D or a 2D map component.
What is a traceroute? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traceroute
What is a packet sniffer? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Packet_analyzer
If you need some help, please first check http://visualtraceroute.net/
Feel free to drop by and leave a comment on the Facebook page
Enjoy and share!
If you want to support the development of this project, you can make a Paypal contribution at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Packet sniffer
- 3D and 2D Map visualisation
- Export data to image or text
- Gantt view
Aerospace, Information Technology, Telecommunications Industry, Developers, Other Audience
Java Swing, OpenGL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openvisualtrace/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.