This is the Windows app named OpenJPEG whose latest release can be downloaded as openjpeg-2.1.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OpenJPEG with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DESCRIPTIONThe OpenJPEG library is an open-source JPEG 2000 library developed in order to promote the use of JPEG 2000.
The main part of the project consists in a JPEG 2000 codec compliant with the Part 1 of the standard (Class-1 Profile-1 compliance).
Besides this main codec, OpenJPEG integrates several other modules:
-JP2 (JPEG 2000 standard Part 2 - Handling of JP2 boxes and extended multiple component transforms for multispectral and hyperspectral imagery)
-MJ2 (JPEG 2000 standard Part 3)
-JPWL (JPEG 2000 standard Part 11)
-JPIP (JPEG 2000 standard Part 9)
-OPJViewer, a GUI viewer for J2K, JP2, JPWL and MJ2 files
The OpenJPEG library is written in C language, released under the BSD license and targets Win32, Unix and Mac OS platforms.
The library is developed by the Communications and Remote Sensing Lab (TELE) of the Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), with the support of the CS company, the CNES and the intoPIX company.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/openjpeg.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.