This is the Windows app named Orange Effort Estimation Tool whose latest release can be downloaded as orange-effort-estimation-v_1_1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Orange Effort Estimation Tool with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Orange Effort Estimation Tool
This tool enables software development effort estimation using 5 different methods. All industry standard methods are used.
This is a model for effort estimation. The use of the model enables effort estimation from non-experts (e.g. not developers).
Work Breakdown Estimation
This is an effort estimation method based on expert judgment. Two options are available: Delphic Oracle and Three Point Estimation.
Analogy / Comparison Estimation
This method tries to find analogies and/or compares the project to be estimated with stored projects.
Custom modular estimation for WEB and Mobile
Finally, I have included a custom modular estimation method. Using this method you can use prior efforts estimations for small modules/pieces of work that can be found in most projects in order to create complicated project estimation.
The tool can be feeded with custom modules estimations for use in future project estimations.
Information Technology, Science/Research, Developers, Architects, Auditors, Management
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/effort-estimate/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.