This is the Windows app named Orleans whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.5.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Orleans with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Orleans builds on the developer productivity of .NET and brings it to the world of distributed applications, such as cloud services. Orleans scales from a single on-premises server to globally distributed, highly-available applications in the cloud. Orleans takes familiar concepts like objects, interfaces, async/await, and try/catch and extends them to multi-server environments. As such, it helps developers experienced with single-server applications transition to building resilient, scalable cloud services and other distributed applications. For this reason, Orleans has often been referred to as "Distributed .NET". It was created by Microsoft Research and introduced the Virtual Actor Model as a novel approach to building a new generation of distributed systems for the Cloud era. The core contribution of Orleans is its programming model which tames the complexity inherent to highly-parallel distributed systems without restricting capabilities or imposing onerous constraints.
- Orleans provides a simple persistence model which ensures that state is available to a grain before requests are processed
- Streams do not need to be created or registered before a grain or client publishes to a stream or subscribes to a stream
- Timers are the non-durable counterpart to reminders and can be used for high-frequency events
- When a grain is activated in Orleans, the runtime decides which server (silo) to activate that grain on
- Grain interfaces in Orleans can be optionally versioned
- Orleans is designed to scale elastically
- Orleans runs anywhere that .NET Core or .NET Framework are supported
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/orleans.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.