This is the Windows app named Oscailt CMS whose latest release can be downloaded as oscailt41.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Oscailt CMS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Oscailt is an open publishing content management system written using PHP with a MySQL database. It is primarily intended for member sites of the Indymedia network, but can be used for any site with an open publishing model and it includes some template sites of simple publishing sites that can be imported at install.
The latest version is 4.1 and this is the recommended version to use.
The full feature set can be found here:
The user guide can be found here:
- News Content Management System designed for Indymedia sites or any grassroots type sites
- Open Publishing of stories and comments
- Can handle images, audio, video, embedded video and miscelleanous files
- Event calendar
- Can import and export RSS and Atom feeds
- Administration system with multiple editiorial accounts and roles
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/oscailt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.