This is the Windows app named OVAL Interpreter whose latest release can be downloaded as ovaldi-220.127.116.11-setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named OVAL Interpreter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The OVAL Interpreter is a freely available reference implementation that demonstrates the evaluation of OVAL Definitions. Based on a set of OVAL Definitions the interpreter collects system information, evaluates it, and generates a detailed OVAL Results file.
Developed to demonstrate the usability of OVAL Definitions and to ensure correct syntax and adherence to the OVAL Schemas by definition writers, it is not a fully functional scanning tool nor an enterprise scanning tool. It is a simplistic, command-line application that has the ability to execute OVAL Content on an end system. To learn more about organizations that provide OVAL content and tools or otherwise support the OVAL Language, please see the OVAL Adoption Program (http://oval.mitre.org/adoption/).
- OVAL Definition Evaluator
- OVAL Results Producer
- OVAL System Characteristics Consumer
- OVAL System Characteristics Producer
- Authenitcated Vulnerability Assessment
- Authenicated Configuration Scanner
Developers, System Administrators
C++, XSL (XSLT/XPath/XSL-FO)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/ovaldi/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.