This is the Windows app named Pairfx to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as PairFX_2.5.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Pairfx to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Pairfx to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:PairFX is a chess pairing program specialized for youth tournaments in schools and chess clubs .
No installation required! Just Unzip it and go!
(You can run any kind of tournament with it actually but it was written for chess in schools)
It supports the organization of a so-called 'run through' tournament and round robin (everybody against everybody) tournaments
Swiss pairings are not (yet) possible.
Are you a chess teacher at school, or organize a separate tournament at the club?
The run through pairing system makes it possible for player to come and go whenever they want and also to keep players playing all the time. It is not round based , so not everybody has to be finished to allow new pairings to be made. This is really great when players play at different speed and works very well in the club or at school.
- on the fly adding and removing players
- export to html
- import from excel
- players are paired according to strength (according to points or by percentage)
- designed from to start for usage in schools
- very easy and straightforward user interface
- undo of last batch of pairings
- game filter on name or firstname of the white or black player
- web server can be started (for pairing projections on big tournaments)
- fading of screens can be turned on or off (for slow machines)
- saves to xml
- round robin tournament
- run through tournament
- export to word
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pairfx/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.