This is the Windows app named PeerTube whose latest release can be downloaded as peertube-v3.4.0.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PeerTube with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PeerTube, developed by Framasoft, is the free and decentralized alternative to video platforms, providing you over 400,000 videos published by 60,000 users and viewed over 15 million times. Our aim is not to replace them, but rather to simultaneously offer something else, with different values. PeerTube is not meant to become a huge platform that would centralize videos from all around the world. Rather, it is a network of inter-connected small videos hosters. Anyone with a modicum of technical skills can host a PeerTube server, aka an instance. Each instance hosts its users and their videos. In this way, every instance is created, moderated and maintained independently by various administrators. You can still watch from your account videos hosted by other instances though if the administrator of your instance had previously connected it with other instances. And there's more! PeerTube uses ActivityPub, a federating protocol that allows you to interact with other software.
- Peertube is not subject to any corporate monopoly, does not rely on ads and does not track you
- PeerTube doesn't use any biased recommendation algorithms to keep you online for hours on end
- With PeerTube, choose your hosting company and the rules you believe in
- The PeerTube software can, whenever necessary, use a peer-to-peer protocol (P2P) to broadcast viral videos, lowering the load of their hosts
- PeerTube aspires to be a decentralized and free/libre alternative to video broadcasting services
- Every instance is created, moderated and maintained independently by various administrators
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/peertube.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.