This is the Windows app named Penguin Subtitle Player whose latest release can be downloaded as PenguinSubtitlePlayer-Windows.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Penguin Subtitle Player with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Penguin Subtitle Player
-- Update --
The slow timer problem has been fixed since v0.2.1 which is released on 19/08/2015. Please re-download it if you encounter the delay.
Penguin Subtitle Player is an open-source, cross-platform standalone subtitle player, as an alternative to Greenfish Subtitle Player, SrtViewer (Mac), SRTPlayer, JustSubsPlayer and Free Subtitle Player.
You download the subtitle file (.srt, .ssa, .ass, .vtt) file from any sites you like and load it into the subtitle player. The subtitle player provides a translucent window which always stays on the top so that subtitles can be shown on top of the video without blocking anything.
With Penguin Subtitle Player, just open your favorite online streaming site, load the subtitle file into the player, and enjoy.
- 700+ encoding supported (default: UTF8)
- Auto encoding detection
- Multiple subtitle formats supported (.srt, .ssa, .ass, .vtt)
- Drag & drop file
- Customizable layout (Frame size, Background color & Opacity, Font style)
- Time fine tuning (Fast forward / backward with customizable time interval)
- Skip to previous / next subtitle
- "Next Click Counts" feature
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/penguinsubtitleplayer/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.