This is the Windows app named PhonixJ whose latest release can be downloaded as PhonixJ.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PhonixJ with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PhonixJ is a simple, light and feature rich desktop phone-book application written in Java. It uses Sqlite database files, so it is quite portable. The program runs on Linux, Windows and (soon coming ) MacOS.
- Add/remove contacts
- Create vCard v.3.0
- Create Contact Card in .SVG
- Create mail envelope address
- Sophisticated search engine
- Customizable printing options
- Support for email and browser clients
- Batch export/import of the contacts via .vcf (3.0) files (tested with Kontact)
- A tool to select multiple e-mail addresses, copy them to clipboard and open compose mail
Current version: 1.0.3
- Added notes record to each contact
- If you want to see it in your own language, please download the Main.properties, and translate it, then send it back to me.
Please contact me if you'd help, and specify your special needs if any.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/phonixj/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.