This is the Windows app named PingPongPro to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as pingpongpro-v1.0-linux64.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PingPongPro to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PingPongPro to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:IMPORTANT NOTE: This project has been migrated to GitHub and is no longer maintained here. Please refer to:
Piwi-interacting RNAs (piRNAs) are a class of small non-coding RNAs, predominantly active in the germ line. There, they limit the detrimental effect of transposons on the genome. They do so by forming a complex with Piwi proteins. The complex binds and then cleaves mRNA molecules of active transposons. The resulting mRNA fragments induce the production of more piRNAs, thus reinforcing the anti-transposon response in a feed-forward loop called the "ping-pong cycle".
A key question in ping-pong cycle research is identification of piRNAs which are amplified through the cycle. PingPongPro is a command-line tool for detecting ping-pong cycle activity in piRNA-Seq data.
PingPongPro was developed at the Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH in Mainz.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pingpongpro/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.