This is the Windows app named Popppy whose latest release can be downloaded as Popppy_Windows_2.2.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Popppy with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
EXPECTED RELEASE DATE 12TH AUG 2020
Popppy simulates a population of men and women over a period of time in 1 year time-steps, implementing marriages, births, and deaths. Execution starts with an input consisting of given numbers of men and women of particular ages. It does a decent job predicting 10 to 20 years ahead. Beyond that the input parameters fertility rate, marriage age and mortality rates could change in an unpredictable manner. The tool could also be useful and fun for a student, for anyone curious about near-future demographics or CO2 emissions, or curious amateurs. Since it's Open Source (<2000 lines of Python code) you can make your own changes.
It runs from the command line and should run on any (MS WIndows, Linux/Unix/Mac OSX) platform running Python 3. A non-Python MS Windows pre-compiled Popppy executable/binary is included for those who just want to run it without having the bother of installing Python 3.x or not wanting to change the source code.
- Animated graphical plots display
- User-tweakable birth, death, marriage rates
- Simple emission model to see dependence of emissions on population growth
Education, End Users/Desktop
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/popppy/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.