This is the Windows app named PySC2 whose latest release can be downloaded as v3.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named PySC2 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
PySC2 is DeepMind's Python component of the StarCraft II Learning Environment (SC2LE). It exposes Blizzard Entertainment's StarCraft II Machine Learning API as a Python RL Environment. This is a collaboration between DeepMind and Blizzard to develop StarCraft II into a rich environment for RL research. PySC2 provides an interface for RL agents to interact with StarCraft 2, getting observations and sending actions. The easiest way to get PySC2 is to use pip. That will install the pysc2 package along with all the required dependencies. virtualenv can help manage your dependencies. You may also need to upgrade pip: pip install --upgrade pip for the pysc2 install to work. If you're running on an older system you may need to install libsdl libraries for the pygame dependency.
- PySC2 depends on the full StarCraft II game and only works with versions that include the API
- PySC2 should work on MacOS and Windows systems running Python 2.7+ or 3.4+
- PySC2 has many maps pre-configured, but they need to be downloaded into the SC2 Maps directory before they can be played
- You can run an agent to test the environment
- The UI shows you the actions of the agent and is helpful for debugging and visualization purposes
- To specify the agent's race, the opponent's difficulty, and more, you can pass additional flags
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/pysc2.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.