This is the Windows app named QChartist whose latest release can be downloaded as QChartist_build_173.rar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named QChartist with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
QChartist is an open source technical analysis software. Its purpose is to provide a complete set of tools to perform technical analysis on charts and data. It helps to make forecasts mainly for markets but can also be used for weather or any quantifiable data. The program is flexible and its functionalities can be easily extended. You can draw geometrical shapes on your charts or plot programmable indicators from your data. It is also possible to filter or merge data. I got a little inspired from MT4 allowing a fairly easy portability of programmed indicators from MT4 to QChartist. It is now faster and much more professional thanks to the use of a C++ layer (used mostly for calculations) over the standard Basic layer (used mostly for the GUI interface). You can use astro indicators and functions from a library for astronomical calculations. You can get real time quotations thanks to Yahoo Finance and Alpha Vantage data sources.
- fast C++ computations
- astro libraries with indicators and wheel interface
- easily programmable with both Basic and C++
- many source examples and all tools you need to extend functionnalities are on the website
- MT4 indicators can be easily ported
- getting real time quotes (currencies, stocks) or data (temperature, ...) is possible thanks to Yahoo Finance and Alpha Vantage data sources
- many efficient custom indicators are included
- indicators can use multiple timeframes alltogether
- many drawing tools, which are persistent and readjusted even when you scroll the chart
- many useful functions that can be reused for new indicators, modules, improvements
- you can automate the analysis process
- a scanner is available to scan stocks and currencies with custom indicators
- 85 efficient indicators
- Pre Market data for US stocks
Financial and Insurance Industry, Science/Research, Advanced End Users, Engineering
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/qchartist/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.