This is the Windows app named Robot KAREL whose latest release can be downloaded as karelWin.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Robot KAREL with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The robot knows commands step, left, right, pick, put, paint, delay. You can use integer variables, multidimensional arrays, arithmetic and logic operators, procedures and functions with parameters.
The application includes a text editor, compiler, interpreter and debugger.
- syntax highlighting (colors are configurable)
- auto indent
- keyboard shortcuts are configurable
- fast interpreter (source code is compiled to byte code)
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/karelwin/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.