This is the Windows app named rp6simul whose latest release can be downloaded as rp6simul-1.0-setup.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named rp6simul with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The rp6simul project brings simulation software for the RP6 robot that is manufactured by AREXX engineering. Besides support for all peripherals on the robot base, the simulator also fully supports the m32 extension module, and both can be simulated either independently or simultaneously. Furthermore, a simple 2d environment can easily be created to test lighting, collision, motor speeds and so on.
The simulator does not run native AVR files, but instead a thin wrapper is provided so that the AVR code can be compiled natively. Thanks to this wrapper, and a flexible Lua driver interface, the simulator emulates most of the IO registers, requiring no or minimal code modifications.
rp6simul is primarily developed on Linux, but a Windows version will also be released.
C++, Lua, Python
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/rp6simul/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.