This is the Windows app named SandDance whose latest release can be downloaded as v2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SandDance with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
By using easy-to-understand views, SandDance helps you find insights about your data, which in turn help you tell stories supported by data, build cases based on evidence, test hypotheses, dig deeper into surface explanations, support decisions for purchases, or relate data into a wider, real world context. SandDance uses unit visualizations, which apply a one-to-one mapping between rows in your database and marks on the screen. Smooth animated transitions between views help you to maintain context as you interact with your data. This new version of SandDance has been rebuilt from scratch with the goal of being modular, extensible, and embeddable into your custom applications. We are open and driven by the community through contributions, feature requests, and discussion. SandDance was created by the Microsoft Research VIDA Group which explores novel technologies for visualization and immersive data analytics.
- Visualization canvas for use in React based applications
- Visualization canvas for use in Vue based applications
- Visualization canvas with UI to enable data exploration, for use in React based applications
- Animations require a WebGL2 enabled browser
- SandDance is created with open source libraries
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sanddance.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.