This is the Windows app named Savvy Repair for Microsoft Office whose latest release can be downloaded as Savvy_Repair_for_Microsoft_Office_v1.0.22_source.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Savvy Repair for Microsoft Office with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Savvy Repair for Microsoft Office
DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files are collections of conventionally zipped mostly XML sub-files. This program first attempts repair any zip based corruption. From there it engages in four different algorithmic attempts at repair or recovery.
With the first method using validation, the location of the first XML error is sought. At that point the sub-files are truncated and repaired. The second method works the same way except the XML validation is more lax. With the third, the strict XML validation is returned to and corrupt XML sub-files are truncated and repaired as before however, missing XML sub-files are brought in from blank full healthy docx, xlsx or pptx of the respective correct extension. The fourth method uses SilverCoder's DocToText to salvage text or data after which the file is opened as an old style MS Office 97 - 2003 format file including the naked recovered text or data.
See my other projects here on Sourceforge for other ways to recover corrupt MS and Open Office files.
- 4 algorithms for recovery/repair of corrupt DOCX, XLSX or PPTX files.
- An alternatives menu.
- An automatic button which will try all 4 methods giving you 4 possibly different versions to choose the best among.
Advanced End Users, End Users/Desktop
Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/savvyoffice/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.