This is the Windows app named Scid vs. PC whose latest release can be downloaded as scid_vs_pc-4.21.tgz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Scid vs. PC with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Scid vs. PC
DESCRIPTION"Shane's Chess Information Database" is a huge chess toolkit with extensive database, analysis and chess-playing features.
Scid vs. PC is a usability and bug-fix fork of Scid. It has extensive interface fixes and improvements, and is fully compatible with Scid's .si4 databases. It's new features include a rewitten Gamelist, a Computer Tournament, and FICS, Tree and Book improvements.
- Databases fully compatible with mainline Scid and extensively tested
- Play chess on the internet or against the computer
- Computer Tournament feature
- Interface overhauled and debugged, including -
- Rewritten Gamelist, Ratings Graph, Analysis Engines and main window
- Drag+Drop support for Windows, Linux and other Xorg systems
- Tree window has embedded win/lose bar-graphs
- Book window allows for two books, and tuning has delete book move
- Clickable variation arrows
Project is a tool for a proprietary database file format
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/scidvspc/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.