This is the Windows app named ShiVaSmiles whose latest release can be downloaded as ShiVaSmiles-1.0.0-Source.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ShiVaSmiles with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The Shape Visualizer is intented to be an exploratory/educational tool making it quick and easy to see how various mathematical methods perform in analysing and selecting the various patterns present on an image.
The main website is built as a wiki gathering info and examples on the various implemented algorithms.
The combination of the application and its wiki intend to constitute a nice little pedagogic toolkit for multiscale analysis.
Feel free to contribute code or wiki content !
- Load any image and visualize the various scales of patterns in it
- Interactively select the scale threshold for pattern filtering (with live feedback)
- Measure and plot the auto-correlation
- Filter patterns via Fourier transforms (Tukey window)
- Measure and plot the morphological granulometry
- Filter patterns via morphological openings
- Invert the image to work either on dark or bright features
- Set different thresholds in X and Y directions
- Filter out either the patterns smaller than your threshold or those that are larger
Science/Research, Education, End Users/Desktop, Engineering
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/shivasmiles/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.