This is the Windows app named simple3d whose latest release can be downloaded as SDL_grf-2.0.0.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named simple3d with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SDL_grf - functions for 2D/3D graphics (including text), sound and input + a few programs for viewing 3D models, viewing ZX Spectrum *.scr files, simulating the Solar System etc. Images can be saved in *.bmp files or displayed with SDL-1.2 or SDL-2. Simcar is a driving (not racing) simulation; versions 5.0.0 and later feature stunts and realistic physics. No 3D accelerator is required. Some models are imported from TORCS and Speed Dreams (Free Art License). Another somewhat similar driving game, based on Open Dynamics Engine, is available at https://sourceforge.net/projects/skunks/ and the simulation is better, but I couldn't get the triangle meshes to function properly in ODE, so therefore simcar uses some simpler functions, which simulate only moving spheres, fixed triangles and 1 type of joint (of which each wheel uses 2). Simple3d is an old program for rendering 3D models, now included in SDL_grf.
Developers, End Users/Desktop, Engineering, Automotive
Project is a 3D engine, SDL
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/simple3d/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.