This is the Windows app named SIMS CommandReporter Java API whose latest release can be downloaded as CommandReporterJavaAPI.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SIMS CommandReporter Java API with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SIMS CommandReporter Java API
Java API to communicate via RMI calls to run reports and retrieve data using the Capita SIMS CommandReporter.exe tool without contravening support agreements. This has been written using Netbeans and the download contains the whole project folders. Note there is a complex server side setup.
If you decide to enter a not recommend to this please give a reason as a blank comment tells nobody what is bad about it and therefore cannot be corrected. I have re-enabled this facility so I can get feedback. I've used this library and server software in a number of areas now at my school for some time and have had no problem. In conjunction with my MoodleRest library I am able to keep staff, students and classes in sync between Moodle and SIMS. I have also used it to create a LearningGateway like site running on Glassfish, albeit no write back and not live to the public but could if configured to run over https. The list can go on but I'm running out of characters! 205 downloads so far.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/simscommandrepo/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.