This is the Windows app named skifree-linux whose latest release can be downloaded as Skifree-126.96.36.199.deb. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named skifree-linux with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This is a package wrapper for the classic Windows game skifree, but for Linux! This program eliminates the command line and makes it easy to run skifree on your debian-based linux computer.
What's New (188.8.131.52, 2022-12-27):
Fix bug where icon would appear in "Lost and found" instead of "Games" (KDE only)
Remove false "Section" category in control file
=How it works=
The deb file contains /usr/bin/skifree (a shell script) as the main executable. This links to /usr/share/enderbyteprograms/exec/ski32.exe (which is the actual game) using wine. It also contains assorted icons and shortcuts so you can play from your desktop environment
If you have never used wine before on the computer you install this on, the first startup will take a long time and may be accompanied by a Wine window. I promise that subsequent startups will be WAY faster.
- Play skifree on linux
- Experience the anger of being eaten by the yeti
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/skifree-linux/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.