This is the Windows app named Sky simulator for ASCOM whose latest release can be downloaded as SkySimulatorv0.9.03.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Sky simulator for ASCOM with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Sky simulator for ASCOM
Sky simulator for ASCOM & Alpaca is a program for simulating an astronomical camera on a computer controlled telescope. The camera will show images of the night sky based on the telescope pointing direction. The images are created artificially or are from the online deep sky survey. The images can be defocused/ blurred by the focuser position.
In your image aquisition program like CCDCiel/NINA/APT/SGP you should select the ASCOM camera "Sky Simulator" and the mount "Telescope Simulator for .NET". The sky simulator program will download the images and feed the camera simulator with these.
The image location in the "Sky Simulator" program and camera simulator should be the same documents\image.png.
With this simulator you can test focuser routine, centering using plate solving, do demonstrations and test sequences.
Magn 14 star database & 30000 object deepsky database are included.
For questions, problems, suggestions go to forum.
ASCOM installation is required.
- Simulation of an astro camera with "deep sky survey" images or build in planetarium program.
- Testing of centering of telescope mount using astrometric solving
- Testing of sequences for astro imaging
- Demonstration of astro image capture suite programs.
Delphi/Kylix, Object Pascal
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/sky-simulator/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.