This is the Windows app named Snakes of Apocalypse whose latest release can be downloaded as Snakes_of_Apocalypse_1.0_win32.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Snakes of Apocalypse with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Snakes of Apocalypse
Snakes of Apocalypse is a funny multiplayer game (for 2-4 players).
Goal: player who first eats 30 apples wins.
It was written in Python3.6 and Pygame2.
There are two language versions: English (default) and Polish (if polish locale is detected).
Joypads are supported and automatically detected (PS2, PS4, Xbox360, possibly others), only one player can use keyboard, rest must use joypads.
Game was tested only on win32, but nevertheless it should run also on Linux and Mac just fine (any platform that has Python and Pygame).
- battery: head and whole body of snake is electrified and kills other snakes.
- hourglass: other players are immobilized.
- speedup: player moves 1.5x faster.
Player can also die by hiting obstacles. When player dies it gets respawned after few seconds.
Note: when some player has both battery+hourglass bonuses, respawn is supressed until one of those bonuses finishes (for game balance).
See README to learn controls.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/snakes-of-apocalypse/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.