This is the Windows app named SpatGRIS whose latest release can be downloaded as SpatGRIS1.0.Win.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SpatGRIS with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The SpatGRIS is a plugin (Mac AU/VST and VST Windows format) designed to compose multichannel space. It allows the user to spatialize the sound in 2D (up to 16 speakers) or in 3D (up to 128 speakers) under a dome of speakers (with the ServerGRIS, available here on SourceForge).
SpatGRIS is a fusion of two former plugins by the GRIS: OctoGRIS and ZirkOSC with a lot of new features.
SpatGRIS has been developed by the Groupe de Recherche en Immersion Spatiale (GRIS) directed by Robert Normandeau and based at the Faculty of Music at Université de Montréal.
SpatGRIS and ServerGRIS are still available here but they are not supported anymore. They have been replaced by the duo ControlGRIS/SpatGRIS3 also available at SourceFORGE (August 2021)
Have a look at the them:
- Three modes: Free Volume, Pan Span, OSC Spatialization
- Automated Trajectories
- Up to 16 outputs in audio mode
- OSC Mode to control the ServerGRIS
- External controllers: Joystick, iPad. Leap Motion
- Mac and Windows
- Mac: AU and VST
- Quick Start and Complete manual
Education, Advanced End Users, Other Audience
Cocoa (MacOS X)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/spatgris/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.