This is the Windows app named SpeeD ReaD ("Speedy Read-y") whose latest release can be downloaded as SpeeDReaD_1.5.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SpeeD ReaD ("Speedy Read-y") with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
SpeeD ReaD ("Speedy Read-y")
SpeeD ReaD helps you to read faster and more efficiently. By minimizing subvocalization and saccades, you can process and comprehend the text you read much faster than with normal reading.
First, subvocalization is the natural tendency for all of us to "hear" the words in our brains as we read. Think of it as reading out loud inside your head. But our minds do not need us to sound out the words we read - even inside our heads - in order to understand them. The words can be processed in a fraction of the time it takes us to sound them out. SpeeD ReaD forces you to simply comprehend words by sight.
Additionally, as we read blocks of text on a screen or in a book, our eyes tend to vacillate between rapid movements (saccades), as we move to the next word, and stops, as we focus on a word. By showing each word in the same area of the screen, SpeeD ReaD eliminates those unnecessary eye movements.
Try SpeeD ReaD today and find out how quickly you can read.
- Easy Install
- Easy to use
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/speed-read/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.