This is the Windows app named StatAlign to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as StatAlign-v2.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named StatAlign to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
StatAlign to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:StatAlign is an extendable software package for Bayesian analysis of Protein, DNA and RNA sequences. Multiple alignments, phylogenetic trees and evolutionary parameters are co-estimated in a Markov Chain Monte Carlo framework, allowing for reliable measurement of the accuracy of the results.
This approach eliminates common artifacts that traditional methods suffer from, at the cost of increased computational time. These artifacts include the dependency of the constructed phylogeny on a single (probably suboptimal) alignment and bias towards the guide tree upon which the alignment relies.
The models behind the analysis permit the comparison of evolutionarily distant sequences: the TKF92 insertion-deletion model can be coupled to an arbitrary substitution model. A broad range of models for nucleotide and amino acid data is included in the package and the plug-in management system ensures that new models can be easily added.
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/statalign/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.