This is the Windows app named SYSTEM 16 whose latest release can be downloaded as Win32_test1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named SYSTEM 16 with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
This program emulate the Sega's System 16 arcade boards used by many Sega
arcade game between 1987 & 1989 like Shinobi, Altered Beast or E-Swat.
There is more than 20 existing System 16 games. The System 16 board uses
a Motorola 68000 cpu at 10Mhz for the main program and a Z80 and on YM2151
for the sound. The actual version of the emulator emulate many more than the
single System 16 board because now you can play with System 18 games like
Shadow Dancer, with pre-System 16 games like Quartet II and even with some
dual 68000 games like Hang-On and Space Harrier.
This program is an emulator and it needs roms to run, please, don't e-mail
be to get roms, i'll ignore your requests !
- plays some games
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/system-16/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.