This is the Windows app named The Golden Flute for Windows to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as TheGoldenFlute.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named The Golden Flute for Windows to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The Golden Flute for Windows to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:"The Golden Flute" is an adventure game originally written by Delton T. Horn as part of his "Golden Flutes and Great Escapes" games collection. This is my attempt at converting it into a Windows-based GUI game program.
- First public release of The Golden Flute for Windows.
- Attempts to re-create Delton T. Horn's original BASIC game and bring it to a Windows GUI environment.
- Added a storyline at the beginning and end of the game. The only downside I can think of is it will take the user a few minutes to read.
- Movement commands and Chariot's inventory are on the same screen.
- Eliminated "Key" command, as the buttons on the main play screen are pretty straightforward.
- Watch out for my next game, "The Great Escape for Windows," coming soon!
Developers, End Users/Desktop
Win32 (MS Windows)
Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wingoldenflute/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.