This is the Windows app named The Pirates Treasure Hunt for Windows to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as TreasureHunt_1_0_2.7z. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named The Pirates Treasure Hunt for Windows to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The Pirates Treasure Hunt for Windows to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:"The Pirates' Treasure Hunt" is an adventure game originally written by Delton T. Horn as part of his "Golden Flutes and Great Escapes" games collection. This is my attempt at converting it into a Windows-based GUI game program.
- First public release of The Pirates' Treasure Hunt for Windows.
- Attempts to re-create Delton T. Horn's original BASIC game and bring it to a Windows GUI environment.
- Source code is now 7-Zipped. You'll need to download 7-Zip (at http://sevenzip.sourceforge.net) to grab this file.
- Fixed a bug that apparently killed a character twice, then crashed with an array index out-of-bounds error when checking to see if the character had been killed by a cannibal.
- Fixed several bugs dealing with killing characters, and rearranged code dealing with death by cannibals.
- Look out for my next project, The Golden Flute, coming soon for Windows!
Developers, End Users/Desktop
.NET/Mono, Win32 (MS Windows), Windows Aero
Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wintreasurehunt/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.