This is the Windows app named Tiled whose latest release can be downloaded as Tiled-1.8.2-win32.msi. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Tiled with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Tiled is a free and open source, easy to use, and flexible level editor. Tiled is highly flexible. It can be used to create maps of any size, with no restrictions on tile size, or the number of layers or tiles that can be used. Maps, layers, tiles, and objects can all be assigned arbitrary properties. Tiled's map format (TMX) is easy to understand and allows multiple tilesets to be used in any map. Tilesets can be modified at any time. Tiled is a general purpose tile map editor for all tile-based games, such as RPGs, platformers or Breakout clones. Tiled was originally written in Java. In 2008, work began to develop a faster, better looking, and easier-to-use version of Tiled based on the Qt framework. This decision was made as the Qt framework has a greater feature set than is offered by the standard Java libraries. Before you can compile Tiled, you must ensure the Qt (>= 5.6) development libraries have been installed as well as the Qbs build tool.
- Annotate the level with rectangles, ellipses or polygons
- Place, resize and rotate tiles freely
- Avoid repetition with object templates
- Multi-layer tile editing
- Easy and fast painting of terrain
- Rule-based tile and object placement
- Supports orthogonal, isometric and hexagonal maps
- Edit infinite maps that grow as needed
- Quickly switch between projects
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts
- Exports to Image, JSON, Lua, GameMaker (1.4 and 2.3), Defold, tBIN and many more
- Add support for custom file formats
- Supported by many game development frameworks
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tiled.mirror/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.