This is the Windows app named TinyReminder whose latest release can be downloaded as TinyReminder.jar. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named TinyReminder with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
(Translations needed - see Wiki for the details.)
Tiny reminder with very simple user interface and no instalation, for people, who have no time to learn how to use it.
Reminds once by chosen time period or repeatedly on regular time intervals basis.
Elements of the interface dynamically changes to give the user instant grafical feedback of his or her action.
Even after launching the reminder, all chosen settings may be dynamically changed by double clicking the icon in the system tray.
NOTE: It requires Java Runtime Environment 5 or higher.
- Very simple user interface, no installation
- Multi-Language (presently Englsh, Slovak, Czech, Norwegian) - Unicode support
- Acoustic alarm with popup window
- Reminds on one-time or regular-time basis
- Shows ordinary number of reminder for regular-time reminders
- Shows the time of the next reminder for regular-time reminders
- Periodically changes color of reminder for regular-time basic
- Different color of icon in system tray for one-time and for regular-time reminder
- Possibility of dynamic change of all parametrs (e. g. the interval of reminding)
- Possibility of saving all currently chosen settings including the texts by one click
- Button for displaying system information about installed Java Runtime Environment and underlying operating system
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/tinyreminder/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.