This is the Windows app named ToxTrac whose latest release can be downloaded as ToxTrac_v2.96.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named ToxTrac with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
ToxTrac is a free Windows program optimized for tracking animals. It uses an advanced tracking algorithm that is robust; very fast; and that can handle one or several animals in one or several environments. The program provides useful statistics as output. ToxTrac can be used for fish, insects, rodents, etc.
If used, please cite:
Rodriguez, A., Zhang, H., Klaminder, J., Brodin, T., Andersson, P. L. and Andersson, M. (2018). ToxTrac: a fast and robust software for tracking organisms. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. 9(3):460–464
Rodriguez, A., Zhang, H., Klaminder, J., Brodin, T., and Andersson, M. (2017). ToxId: an algorithm to track the identity of multiple animals. Scientific Reports. 7(1):14774.
Note that currently we provide under GPLv3 license, the source of ToxTrac v2.61.
Magnus Andersson, Department of Physics, Umeå University
Alvaro Rodriguez, Main Developer
- No specific knowledge of the geometry of the tracked bodies is needed
- ToxTrac can operate at a rate >25 frames per second in HD videos with most desktop computers
- Simultaneous tracking of multiple organisms in multiple arenas
- Integrated distortion correction and camera calibration
- Robust against false positives
- Preservation of individual identification after occlusion
- Statistics and heat maps in real scale exported in image, text and excel formats
- List of Changes: https://sourceforge.net/p/toxtrac/wiki/Changes
- User Guide and published results and datasets available in download section
- ResearchGate Project: https://www.researchgate.net/project/ToxTrac-Free-software-for-animal-tracking
- ToxTrac guestBook: http://pub47.bravenet.com/guestbook/3993433667
Science/Research, Education, Engineering, Agriculture
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/toxtrac/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.