This is the Windows app named UNSW Metadata Stores (ResData) whose latest release can be downloaded as resdata_source_code.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named UNSW Metadata Stores (ResData) with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
UNSW Metadata Stores (ResData)
ResData is an institutional metadata repository to facilitate effective management, discovery and sharing of institutional research data collections. It integrates with institutional enterprise systems, such as HR and Grant management systems to facilitate re-use of existing information, such as People and Project records.
ResData has been developed by the Library Repository Services, University of New South Wales. The work was supported by the Australian National Data Service (ANDS) under its MS21 program. ANDS is supported by the Australian Government through the National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy Program and the Education Investment Fund (EIF) Super Science Initiative.
- Digital Object Identifier
- Research Metadata Capture and publishing
Information Technology, Science/Research, Developers
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/resdata/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.