This is the Windows app named VBS for Research on the Internet to run in Windows online over Linux online whose latest release can be downloaded as all_base_source_files.tar.gz. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VBS for Research on the Internet to run in Windows online over Linux online with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VBS for Research on the Internet to run in Windows online over Linux online
DESCRIPTION:Welcome to the Volunteer-Based System for Research on the Internet!
This system is designed to provide detail data about applications used in the Internet. This information can be used for:
- obtaining the knowledge which applications are most frequently used in the network
- providing the users some basic statistics about their Internet connection usage (for example for which kinds of applications their connection is used the most)
- creating scientific profiles of traffic generated by different applications or different groups of applications
- creating a traffic generator, to imitate traffic generated by particular applications, or to imitate the real traffic in the network
- implementing smart assessment of QoS in the network at the users' level and in the core of the network
- obtaining precise data needed to train Machine Learning Algorithms
- many more cases :-)
Advanced End Users, Information Technology, Telecommunications Industry
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vbsi/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.