This is the Windows app named Venetian Mask whose latest release can be downloaded as VenetianMask0.90.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Venetian Mask with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
DESCRIPTIONAn image-masking application which revolves around the new user-friendly and interactive use of the standard 'magic wand' tool. Features an extensive preview system, interactive parameter adjustment and a node-based structure.
- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IMPORTANT: if you would like higher stability / bug removal / undo feature / general further development of Venetian Mask, please send a message (choose "Support" menu item above). Only when at least some people show some interest in what the "proof-of-concept alpha" application Venetian Mask tries to do, will I consider taking the project up again and get it in a usable state (which it isnt now)
- Interactive magic wand tool.
- Treshold and normal brush tool.
- On-the-fly mask preview system.
- Selection action recording into node system featuring node combinations.
- Save as alpha or grayscale mask for loading into Photoshop/Gimp.
- Needs Python Imaging Library, psyco, wxPython and Python when running from source - Windows installer .exe does not require these.
- Since 0.90 Venetian Mask now runs on Linux, use the provided source zip file. You will need to first install all of the above dependencies.
- Now with 0.90 also a Mac version, universal binary.
Advanced End Users
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/venetianmask/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.