This is the Windows app named Virtual WiFi whose latest release can be downloaded as VirtualWiFiSetup-3.2.1.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Virtual WiFi with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Using Virtual WiFi you will be able to transform any computer which runs Windows OS into a WiFi router. The program is simple and easy to use, and it offers many useful features, and many others are planned to appear in the future.
The program let you create two types of Wi-Fi networks:
1. Ad-Hoc (local) hotspots - which can be used to share files/services from one computer to other computers;
2. Internet sharing hotspots - used to distribute the available internet connection of the computer (Ethernet, 3G/4G/5G modem, other WiFi access point) to multiple Wi-Fi devices such as computers, smartphones, tablets, smartTVs and others.
Compatibility: Win 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Languages: English, Romanian, French, Polish, Vietnamese, Spanish.
Types of connections that can be shared: Wireless, Ethernet, 3G/4G/5G USB modem.
Program homepage: www.softlab.adibarbu.ro/
Developer: Adi Barbu (www.adibarbu.ro)
Change log: http://softlab.adibarbu.ro/virtual-wifi/changelog.html
- Fast, simple and easy to use
- Wi-Fi ad-hoc network creator for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10
- Displays the list with all the connected devices (identified with Name, IP and MAC)
- Detects the best internet connection
- Allows the sharing not only of the ethernet connection, but also of an external WiFi network or 3G/4G/5G USB modem connection
- The created Wi-Fi hotspots will be accessible for computers, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and other kind of devices
- Makes possible the manually assignation of a local IP address for the created WiFi hotspot
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/virtual-wifi-router/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.