This is the Windows app named VisualPinMameRomsUpdate whose latest release can be downloaded as VisualPinMameRomsUpdate-1.1.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VisualPinMameRomsUpdate with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
For Visual Pinball gamers and pincab users (virtual pinball cabinet) :
This software is similar to setDMD and VPtools : you can easily show and update settings of a VPinMame rom.
You can define once position and size of your DMD screen for all your roms installed !
As you know, many tables run with Visual Pinball software use roms from real commercial pinball machines. His roms are managed by VPinMame for the display of the DMD screen, control of lights, sounds effects...
When launching a table for the first time, VPinMame launches the rom with default parameter values. When these settings need to be changed, it can be long and tedious. So I developed this program.
Note: to change the default settings that VPinMame applies to each newly installed ROM, modify or add the registry keys in this path:
Projects related :
- Easy update of all VPinMAME roms in Windows registry
- Show actual values saved in Windows registry for a rom
- Save your roms settings in a .reg file
- Get main values of all roms in a .txt file
- Set easily the position and size of your DMD screen
- An overview of all existing rom names in the Windows registry
- Save your settings configuration for the next launch of the application
Win32 (MS Windows)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/visualpinmameromsupdate/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.