This is the Windows app named VM Migration Assistant whose latest release can be downloaded as VM.Migration.Assistant.1.0.82.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named VM Migration Assistant with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
VM Migration Assistant
VM Migration Assistant is a free tool for cloning and transforming VMs from one format to another, as well as converting physical machines into virtual ones. It is utilized when migration or hypervisor switch is required. Compared to the typical converters built into hypervisors, it offers bi-directional conversion between all the major VM disk formats: VMDK(VM, VirtualBox), VHD/VHDX(Hyper-V), QCOW/QCOW2(KVM, Xen), VDI(VirtualBox) and raw binary image(KVM).
VM Migration Assistant has numerous competitive gains over converters built into hypervisors(in plan). First, it supports bi-directional VM conversion between different hypervisors. For saving time during migration and hypervisor switch, V2V Converter / P2V Migrator enables to convert VMs directly from one hypervisor storage to another, without creating an extra VM disk copy. On top of that, the utility ensures a safe P2V migration by using a VSS snapshot of the source machine to ensure data consistency.
- VMDK 2 VHDX <-> VHDX 2 VMDK
- VMDK 2 VDI <-> VDI 2 VMDK
- VMDK 2 QCOW2 <-> QCOW 2 VMDK
- VMDK 2 RAW(IMG) <-> RAW 2 VMDK
- VHDX 2 VDI <-> VDI 2 VHDX
- VHDX 2 QCOW2 <-> QCOW 2 VHDX
- VHDX 2 RAW(IMG)<->RAW 2 VHDX
- VDI 2 QCOW2 <-> QCOW 2 VDI
- VDI 2 RAW(IMG) <-> RAW(IMG) 2 VDI
- QCOW 2 RAW(IMG)<->RAW 2 QCOW2
- Data Safety
- Free of charge
- Hypervisor switch
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/vmma/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.