This is the Windows app named Volume Limiter whose latest release can be downloaded as VolumeLimiter1.0.2.zip. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named Volume Limiter with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
Volume Limiter is a small application that allows you to set a maximum volume limit on your windows PC. This is designed to protect children from turning the volume up to a level that would damage their hearing.
The application can be password protected to prevent children from changing your defined limit. The application runs in the background and minimizes to the system tray. Volume settings, the lock or unlocked status, and password information are stored in the windows registry. If the application is set to start up upon login (by placing it in the startup group) it will load the previous settings.
This application is compatible with Windows Vista, 7 and 8 and will run on 32 bit or 64 bit systems.
- Can be password protected
- Volume level and lock status auto-saved to registry
- Minimizes to system tray rather than task bar
- Lightweight (Uses 2MB of system RAM when running)
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/volumelimiter/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.