This is the Windows app named WA2L/SimpleBackup whose latest release can be downloaded as WA2LSimpleBackup-1.0.66-202110072040.exe. It can be run online in the free hosting provider OnWorks for workstations.
Download and run online this app named WA2L/SimpleBackup with OnWorks for free.
Follow these instructions in order to run this app:
- 1. Downloaded this application in your PC.
- 2. Enter in our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 3. Upload this application in such filemanager.
- 4. Start any OS OnWorks online emulator from this website, but better Windows online emulator.
- 5. From the OnWorks Windows OS you have just started, goto our file manager https://www.onworks.net/myfiles.php?username=XXXXX with the username that you want.
- 6. Download the application and install it.
- 7. Download Wine from your Linux distributions software repositories. Once installed, you can then double-click the app to run them with Wine. You can also try PlayOnLinux, a fancy interface over Wine that will help you install popular Windows programs and games.
Wine is a way to run Windows software on Linux, but with no Windows required. Wine is an open-source Windows compatibility layer that can run Windows programs directly on any Linux desktop. Essentially, Wine is trying to re-implement enough of Windows from scratch so that it can run all those Windows applications without actually needing Windows.
The WA2L/SimpleBackup package is a Windows utility to backup data.
The package can be 'installed' portable and does not need admin rights.
◆ AVAILABLE COMMANDS:
DataBackup - backup data for Windows
for a more comprehensive list, see README file in https://sourceforge.net/projects/wa2l-simplebackup/files/.
◆ PACKAGE FORMAT:
The package is distributed in the following format:
- WA2LSimpleBackup-<VERSION>-<DATE>.exe (self extracting zip file)
◆ OTHER RECOMMENDED PROJECTS:
◆ PACKAGE DOCUMENTATION:
- ⬛ GENERAL ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
- file backup
- shutdown at end of backup
- backup report
- robust file copy (using robocopy internally)
- three different backup modes (BACKUP, UPDATE_TARGET, SYNCHRONIZE)
- daily use
- highly configurable (if desired)
- no admin rights needed
- ⬛ SPECIFIC ⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
This is an application that can also be fetched from https://sourceforge.net/projects/wa2l-simplebackup/. It has been hosted in OnWorks in order to be run online in an easiest way from one of our free Operative Systems.